Saturday, August 1, 2009

I've Got The Blues Tutorial




I've Got The Blues


This tutorial is my design any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP
Supplies Needed

PSP any version will work. Although I used PSPX to make this tag.
Scrapkit of choice. I am using the wonderful FTU You Make my Heart Blue By Bluedreams Designs You can get it here
Template of choice. I am using Template 29 by Blissfully Beth you can get it here
Font Of choice. I am using LHF Speedstyle
Mask of choice, I am using WSL Mask 4 by Chelle you can get it here
Tube of choice. I am using the gorgeous artwork of Barbara Jensen. You need a license to use her work, which you can get here

1) Open template and press Shift D to duplicate. Close original template. Delete the copyright layer and the text layer if you wish to add your own text. Or you can leave the text.

2) Highlight the Grey Bars Long layer, Select all>Float>Defloat

3) Open paper of your choice, I am using Paper 10

4) Copy your paper and then paste it as a new layer on your template

5) Invert the selection and press delete on your keyboard, select none

6) Give your paper layer a drop shadow of choice I used 2,2,60,10

7) Delete the original grey bars layer

8) Highlight Heart 1 layer, select all>float>defloat

9) Open paper of choice, I am using paper 1

10) Copy your paper and then paste it as a new layer on your template

11) Invert the selection and press delete on your keyboard, select none

12) Give your paper layer a drop shadow of choice I used 2,2,60,10

13) Delete the original heart layer

14) Repeat steps 8 thru 13 for the heart 2 layer

15) Select each of the rectangles with your magic wand if you hold the shift key you can select all 3 rectangles and press delete on your keyboard

16) Select none

17) Now select each rectangle one at a time, paste your tube in each rectangle making sure the part you want is showing in the black frame.

18) Invert and press delete.

19) Give each of your tube layers a drop shadow

20) Open mask of choice and select the bottom background layer

21) Add a new mask layer then merge group

22) Add your text at the top of the tag, assuming you changed the text. If you kept the original text you can highlight that layer and select all>float>defloat and paste a paper as a new layer. Invert and delete to give your text color if you don't want to leave it black.

23) Resize to your liking. My tags are usually 550x550

24) Add the artists copyright and your watermark to your tag

25) Add your name and save!

No comments:

Post a Comment